May 17, 2017

Songs for your summer.


Should your fingers take a scroll through my blog page on this sunny day, you would quickly find I have done a subpar job of keeping up with the 15-week blog challenge. Weeks one and two are planted in my little internet garden, but they were posted four and three weeks ago. Oops. I would like to blame exam week and move out day for my lack of creative writing but in all honesty, I've just been binge watching The Office and treating myself to cherry dipped ice cream cones from the DQ instead of making time to blog. However, I'm here now and I am about to hook you up with some sick jams for your road trips, pool parties and starry nights alone. Without further ado, I present to you a list of my favorite songs at the moment.

King of My Heart by Bethel Music

When I need a reminder of God's goodness and faithfulness to me, I listen to this one. King of My Heart sends me to my knees at the throne of God, and I could stay there worshiping with just the lyrics to this song for days.

H.O.L.Y. by Florida Georgia Line

This song goes out to all my fellow hopeless romantics. Megan, Cassie and I sat around a bonfire in our small town, USA last night screeching the words to HOLY at the tops of our lungs. Whether or not you're actually in love does not matter because this song will have you thinking your heart is about to beat out your chest.

The Ballad of Cleopatra by The Lumineers

Y'all! I have been force-showing people these music videos in order ever since Hanneh & I discovered they told a story. When The Lumineers published The Ballad of Cleopatra to YouTube a few weeks back I cried every happy tear in my body. If you are a sucker for a story that leaves you both shaken and satisfied, this 25-minute long music video is totally for you.

La La Land Soundtrack

In order to understand how much I adore the La La Land Soundtrack, you must realize I saw the movie three times in theaters. Not once in theaters and twice through Redbox, but three times on the big screen. La La Land is by far the best musical I have ever seen, and for those who have yet to see it, you will not be disappointed. The movie challenges the conventional endings of its genre, and the soundtrack will literally send you dancing in the street. (Or maybe that's just me?)

Tunnel Vision by Kodak Black

Should I be sharing a Kodak Black song on my Jesus-y blog? Probably not. Am I sharing Tunnel Vision in this post? Totally. It's just the jams, y'all. I keep it real here.

Body Like A Backroad by Sam Hunt

Sam Hunt's music often leaves me with mixed opinions, but this one is FUN! Anybody want to go on a road trip with me and listen to this song on repeat?

Jolene by Miley Cyrus

My future apart-mate, Kaitlyn, says she is going to kill me if I play this song in her presence one more time...but Maddy and I really, really like it. Miley's Backyard Sessions are full of spirit, and my wildflower heart just dances in the winds of her rustic voice. I would also like to say that I am super-duper proud of Miley for sobering up and redeeming Hannah Montana for those of us who always adored her. Malibu is beautiful, too. Jesus loves you, Miles, and so do I!

Well folks, seven is a perfect number and I've listed seven songs for you to enjoy above! So go ahead do it then, enjoy them! Grace, peace & a happy summer to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment